WHAT TO EXPECT
Please know that the safety of our children and families is of the utmost importance to us. We have made a few adjustments to make sure our children and families are as safe and secure during these times. herefore, we will have the following new guidelines in place:
- All PreK families will use the Connect Kids entrance
- All volunteers and children (along with their families) will be screened and have temperatures checked before entering the classrooms.
- All volunteers will be required to wear masks. Parents will be asked to wear masks upon entering the building and until they are seated for service.
- Connect Kids classrooms will be snack-free, with the exception of the nursery.
- Parents will wash/sanitize children’s hands before classroom drop-off.
- Parents will drop children off and pick children up outside of their designated classrooms and we ask that only one parent participates in this process.
Check out the video below for more details! 😀
At Connect Church our Connect Kids (infant through PreK) experience safe, age-appropriate environments where they learn about Jesus in a creative and relevant way. We partner with parents to help kids connect with God by building lasting relationships, being silly and having fun together, and connecting with them in a language they understand. Our number one goal as a church is to help people find and follow Jesus so we carry this value throughout our kids ministry, just with a lot more dancing, goofy hats, and legos.
It's Our First Time! What Do We Do?
Here's what to expect when visiting Connect Kids for the first time:
When you enter the building Connect Kids is located on the northwest side. Look for the area designated for registration. There we will meet your family and help you check into our system. We value safety and security at Connect Church. We'll help you check your child into our system and one of our volunteers will lead your child to their age-appropriate room. After, if you would like to stay a moment and monitor their transition, you are welcome to. We find Kids do great either way.
(NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone)
Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information:
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child's name
- Child's birthdate
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
How Check-in Works
Before Service: We'll help you check-in your child at our Connect Kids kiosk. You and your child will be given matching name tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while you hold on to the matching tag.
After Service: After the service is complete, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
The Ride Home
On your way home, be sure to ask your child questions like, "What did you learn today?” and "Did you have fun?" It's our goal that every child has a positive answer to these two questions, every week!
If you have further questions concerning our Connect Kids experience or visiting Connect Church with children, simply let us know below.